Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Thrift Store Finds!

I'm looking forward to posting some before/afters of different things I find at thrift stores soon! Still working on getting my house turned right side up so I can work in a clean environment - clutter just makes me crazy!

For now, I'll show you some fab finds I got at the thrift store recently. They instantly bring new life into my house and I love how little things do that - especially love the price tag. =)

First - a beautiful pillar-like stand for whatever I want! It cost me $6.99 but I was returning something so only had to pay $.59. The oranges didn't last long (my 11 year old decided to see if she could juggle, rrrrrrr) and now they have 3 pretty candles on them. In the future I plan to put a pretty cascading green plant on it to add some green to my home.

Next I found this GORGEOUS clock! It was $9.99 but I just couldn't pass it up, since I had store credit to use up at Goodwill. I didn't have a place in my mind to put it, but I knew it would look beautiful in my house. Turns out it looks really nice sitting under my Italian Chef I inherited when my grandparents passed away. I enjoy it in my kitchen every single day!

I hesitated when I saw this picture, but it just drew me. The colors are IDENTICAL to what I have in my house, except it's missing a splash of red. It really brings together the browns, greens, and tans so I ended up buying it for $4.99.

I put it above our 2nd computer desk in the family room, a room that has been sadly neglected for the entire 11 years we have lived here. Later, I added the fall bead wreath on the other side and an orange candle below with a black curly iron candleholder. Now this room looks a bit more loved!

3 comments:

  1. I love a good thrift find! It's so much fun to decorate with them when you know you didn't have to pay a lot for them. Thanks for stopping by and entering the giveaway today!

    ReplyDelete