Monday, September 6, 2010

Aaaagh what to start on??!!

Ooooh the agony of actually STARTING!! Ha ha! Here's the thing. Kids go back to school tomorrow, and just today we got back from a 4-day stay at our local church retreat. MAJORLY not on a schedule. Then in just 4 days, we're going back there for the weekend. The weekend after that, DH and I are taking a lil vacation break for 3 nights.

I HATE having my schedule all planned out like that! I crave routine this time of year. Waaah, poor me lol. My problem is that there is just not enough time in the week to do what I need to do, and the weekends are going to be all crazy busy. Read: we'll be GONE.

Sigh.

Oh well, I suppose fall/winter will be here before I know it, with endlessly boring weekends. LOL.

I can't decide what do to first, though. Should I do the bathroom? But I kind of wanted it to be the same theme as the rest of the house, and since the rest of the house DOES have a theme but I can't actually SEE it --- it's hard to match it really well. I guess I'm also kind of conflicted because I love the Pottery Barn style of decor - simple, yet beautiful and FUNCTIONAL with lots of storage, clean lines. Is it lame to have different styles of decor in your home?

The first step I've taken to renovating my home is to get the carpets cleaned. That is happening tomorrow, with a coupon for $115 for most of our home, just excluding 2 bedrooms. I'm paying for that out of my Ebay money and I'm excited - one SMALL step to making my home nicer, and I know it'll motivate me to continue on!

The other quandry I'm in as well, is that right now we are smack dab in the middle of Halloween costume season on Ebay. I can do fantastically well with those if I put my mind to it, and take the time. For instance, this is my costume I have up on Ebay that I got for $2. It's currently at $42 and still has a couple of days to go on auction.

And the thing is, that money is what I am going to use (my extra "egg" money, so to speak) to start slowly but surely renovating my home, doing most of it myself. So I need to concentrate on earning the money now, since I only have about a 6-week window to do it in. I have to scour the thrift stores in my area, some of them several times, and then take the time - it's ALOT of time - to write up the auctions, package, etc, all while doing my normal activities it requires to run a home.

AND all I want to do is surf blogs and get more ideas. And I want to DO them! Not sell things on Ebay. waaahhh!!

I suppose I better go get busy....

1 comment:

  1. This is so fun..can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete