Monday, September 13, 2010

Frustrations = Realism

Today I am thinking about all the things I want to do to my home, things that are even simple that would brighten things like cleaning and shining up my kitchen stove burners. Or like just now, I was putting laundry into the ever demanding machine and noticing how badly it needs to be wiped down.

So I suppose that Rejuvenation does not necessarily mean a "project" as in changing the actual color or shape of something. It can even mean cleaning!

But today I am faced with a decision...I can give in to thoughts of frustration and POOR ME and my life in general makes me feel like I am bound hand and foot and I can't do ANYTHING I want to do.

Which of course is a lie becuase yesterday I got to go shopping by myself at the thrift store for 2 hours! So - see how deceptive the enemy is with his darts of self pity?

But what has me feeling frustrated today is seeing so much potential around my home, and thinking how simple it SEEMS to just take a couple of hours or even ONE hour per day, to work on a project.

Instead I look around me and see my real live situation. That tonight I have a birthday party for my DS turning 8, and probably 10 family members will be coming. I still have to 1) make dinner, 2) decorate, 3) wrap the presents, and 4) clean the house and 5) unpack the rest of the stuff from staying at our church this weekend.

Have you ever felt that feeling? Like you just really really REALLY want to just DO THIS ONE THING, yet there is so so so much staring at you and that MUST be done like, within the next 2 hours?

So that is me today. Dealing with thoughts of what is REAL and what is my life and also, how to live my life pleasing to Jesus - because that is what it's all for, anyway, right?

The little secret is that if I was left to my own devices and was able to do my little projects without interruption or work - there would be something else that made me feel like "poor me" and my life is like a ball and chain. Those thoughts have to be dealt with and can't be allowed to live or they'll take over my life and make me M-I-S-E-R-A-B-L-E.

So this is me today: =) =) =) With a big smile on my face. =0 I know that soon enough I'll get a chance to do my projects. =0

This song has been on my heart today:

Better than gold is faithfulness.
Riches you'll gain that will remain,
And you'll have constant joy and peace.
Firm to your mind faithfulness bind.

Blest are you who in peace or strife (anyone else's kids seem to create strife? Ha ha!)Hour by hour, lay down your life.
Fighting 'gainst lies, deceit, empty ways,
Day after day you're growing in grace!

I'm thankful for blogging, too - it helps me turn my world right side up as I see things in black and white when they're written out! =)

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear I can really relate! And here I thought was past the stage of mere survival...I was wrong. I still can't get to what I want to do..oh well...it' worth it though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that feeling!

    Have you read Young House Love's blog? It's super amazing and they have done a ton of simple and not so simple projects in their house.

    http://www.younghouselove.com/

    You can click on the tabs to see the other projects they've done to their house. Super inspiring!

    But it is good to learn to be content right in the situation we're in. Finding a balance to everything. =)

    ReplyDelete